In Richfield, garbage haulers currently handle curbside pickup of recyclables for their customers. Haulers are listed here.
For apartment, condo and townhouse residents: "Property owners are required to provide residents with the opportunity to recycle. Contact your building manager or association to find out where recycling bins are located and what type of sorting system is used at your property. Call the city sustainability specialist at (612) 861-9188 if this service is not available.”
Resources and more information:
- Hennepin County Recycling Guide (Guia de reciclaje en Espanol)
- Free stickers for residents
- Hennepin County drop-off facilities
- Green Disposal Guide
- Want to know how to dispose of appliances, batteries, carpet, electronics, fluorescent light bulbs, furniture, latex paint, mattresses and box springs, or something else?
- Tip: Have a technology professional advise you on how to thoroughly wipe your data from devices before they are recycled to avoid privacy issues and identity theft!
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Companies
- Choose to Reuse
- Learn how to sell, donate, buy, repair, rent, or share your belongings!
- Fix-It Clinics
- "The Story of a Cereal Box" video by Eureka Recycling (el video en Espanol)
• Juice, milk, soup, and broth cartons
• Yogurt, pudding, and fruit cups
• Margarine, cottage cheese, and other plastic containers
• Produce and deli containers
• Dishwashing liquid bottles and detergent jugs
• Shampoo, soap, and lotion bottles
• Toothpaste, medication, and other toiletry boxes