Wood Lake Nature Center offers a variety of birthday parties that are fun, educational, and the mess stays with us! Wood Lake provides a naturalist-led activity and use of the party room with tables, chairs, and tablecloths. Payment is due when the party is booked and birthday parties start promptly at the scheduled time.
$115 for up to ten children
$5 per additional child, 15 children maximum
Green Birthday (optional add-on):
$10 (includes reusable plates, bowls, cups, and silverware, and recycled paper napkins)
$3/bag (includes WLNC pencil, magnifying bug box, jumping frog, wooden bird whistle, tattoo, plastic insect)
*We encourage parent engagement during naturalist led hikes, but to keep authenticity and allow equal participation of children, please consider only sending a few adults to accompany the naturalist.
Become nature detectives and go outside to look for clues from hidden animals that live at Wood Lake. Available year-round.
Lead the group in a hunt for hidden treasure. Solve riddles along the trail to receive puzzle-piece clues. Once the puzzle is put together, the treasure can be found! Available year-round.
Scaly Tales (ages 5-12)
Meet a live snake, turtle, and salamander and learn all about these amazing creatures! Then, time permitting, hike outside with a naturalist to look for reptiles and amphibians in their natural habitat. Available year-round.
With nets and buckets at hand, go out to the floating boardwalk to discover what kind of creatures lurk in the Wood Lake marsh. Available May-September.
Make a plaster track to take home, then hike the trails to look for real animal tracks outside. Available year-round.
Learn basic survival tips and build an outdoor shelter. Work together and see if your group can survive! Available year-round.
Wood Lake recommends:
- Invite the party guests 5-10 minutes before the party start time so the naturalist can start the program on schedule
- Book your party about two months in advance- weekends fill up quickly!
- Smaller birthday parties typically allow the birthday child, as well as the other attendees, to receive more personal attention. Groups of about 10 children typically work best.
- Come back for more! We offer many party themes and can adapt them to older age groups (including adults!) if requested.
A green birthday is an environmentally-friendly party. Reducing waste is key to having a green birthday.
Why should I have a green birthday?
1) It reduces unnecessary waste
2) It saves money
3) It prevents landfills from filling
4) It's better for the environment
How can I have a green birthday?
Choose to produce as little waste as possible. Wood Lake offers a green party option:
For $10, you can use Wood Lake's reusable plastic cups, plates, and bowls; silverware; and recycled paper napkins. Or bring your own!
Make your party even greener by following these suggestions.