The City of Richfield is an acknowledged leader in redevelopment. Projects such as Best Buy Headquarters, City Bella, Woodlake Centre and Kensington Park have been effective in creating new employment and housing opportunities and updating the City's stock of buildings. Richfield's close-in location and excellent access to regional amenities and transportation networks make future opportunities for additional large scale redevelopment possible.
Staff is available to work with existing and potential developers on:
- Building expansion and new construction projects;
- Assisting with location of available commercial sites for new and expanding businesses; and
- Identifying possible state, county and city financial assistance programs.
A number of plans have served as catalysts for both public and private investments that have changed the face of Richfield along some of our most prominent corridors and key community nodes:
- Lyndale Gateway Plan
- Lakes at Lyndale Master Plan
- Cedar Avenue Corridor Master Plan
- I-494 Corridor Master Plan
- Penn Avenue Corridor Master Plan
Questions about Redevelopment? Call 612-861-9760