The Joint Community Police Partnership (JCPP) is a collaborative effort of the cities of Saint Louis Park, Richfield, Hopkins, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, and Brooklyn Center, Hennepin County, and Northwest Hennepin Human Services Council.
OUR MISSION is to enhance communication and understanding between law enforcement and multicultural residents of these cities. We are working together to build safer communities.
Our efforts include:
- Police Multicultural Advisory Committee (PMAC): This group meets regularly with police personnel to discuss community concerns and work together to address those concerns.
- Police Cadet: Our goal is to diversify the workforce and move towards having a police department that is representative of the community. The Police Department assists the Cadet in preparing for a Police Officer position by providing tuition assistance for the required education and by providing a part-time uniformed position within the department.
- Youth Academy: A chance for middle school students to learn about the Richfield Police Department, Richfield Fire Department, and Hennepin County Sherriff’s Office.
- New American’s Academy: Classes about community policing, police procedures, personal and community safety, community resources, and more. In partnership with Metro South Adult Basic Education.
- Unity in the Community: With music, storytelling, dancing, and more, this is a celebration of the diversity in Richfield and a chance for the community to begin learning about one another.
- Kite Festival: Learn about the history of kites and write a poem on a kite before you fly it outside with Richfield officers.
- Farmer’s Market: PMAC and Richfield Police Officers participate in the Richfield Farmer’s Market: activities for all ages. Our goal is to meet people where they already gather.
- Heroes & Helpers: Youth are paired with a Richfield officer and a community member for an evening of relationship building. The trios shop at the local Super Target to purchase gifts for the youth’s family and then return to city hall for dinner, games, and more.
- Partnership with schools: We collaborate with a number of schools in Richfield to provide more opportunities for youth and police officers to connect. Activities include:
- Question & Answer Sessions between community members and police officers.
- Creating and disseminating information about police procedures to the community.
- Community Forums – recent topics have included:
- Police Training – recent topics include:
- Community Training – recent topics include: