Wood Lake Nature Center offers all-terrain wheelchairs
Wood Lake Nature Center has two Grit Freedom Chairs for use on the trails. These manual, all-terrain wheelchairs designed by MIT engineers were funded by round-up donations at Richfield Liquor stores. They have a chain drive system that the visitor can operate themselves, or a caregiver can assist with the handlebars. Adult and youth-sized chairs are available. They are easy to operate and will allow our visitors to navigate our trails with ease.
- Parking includes 7 accessible parking spaces
- Parking lot is bordered by a sidewalk with 3 curb cut outs close to ramp entrance and 2 gate entrances
- Automatic door opener at main entrance
- ADA-compliant drinking fountain
- Boardwalk trail is combination of paved and crushed limestone
- Two amphitheaters on the property are accessible
- Accessible dock close to the nature center
- Accessible picnic tables are available in the Emily Day Picnic Pavilion, the gateway picnic area by the parking lot, and by the pollinator garden near the nature center building.
- For specific accommodations, please contact 612-861-9366 with advanced notice