Several advisory groups have openings for youth representatives, providing young people with an opportunity to contribute their ideas and participate in City government.
- Youth applicants must be at least 15 years old and actively enrolled in a Richfield high school or equivalent within the city of Richfield. This includes non-residents of Richfield.
- Youth applications are available during an open recruitment process that takes place each year in August/September. If there are openings for youth on commissions, recruitment will be on-going.
- The City Council will meet with all applicants. This meeting is an opportunity for the City Council to have a conversation with each applicant prior to considering their appointment.
- Youth members serve a one-year term (ending August 31). No youth member may serve more than three consecutive terms on the same commission. A youth member may only serve on one commission at a time.
- In appointing commissioners, it is the policy of the City Council, where there are more applicants than openings, preferences will generally be for reappointment to second terms over new applicants and for new applicants over reappointment to third terms. (Resolution No. 11608)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org call (612) 861-9711 if you have any questions.