In-person transactions suspended, but we can still help!
Drop off your registration renewal, duplicate stickers, duplicate plates, or duplicate title applications in our locked drop box (located on the left side of the entrance in the Richfield Municipal Center). This can be done at anytime of the day or night! Please pay by check, cash, or money order.
The City of Richfield Motor Vehicle Office will have a drop box available for:
- Vehicle Registration Renewals (cost printed on your renewal notice)
- DNR Watercraft, ATV, or Snowmobile Registration Renewals (cost printed on your renewal notice)
- Duplicate Standard Plates - $19.00 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received plates)
- Duplicate Stickers - $12.50 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received year stickers)
Please follow the instructions on the provided white envelopes. All information must be filled out to process the transaction. If anything is missing, we may not be able to contact you to process the transaction. The phone number provided will be used to contact you when the transaction is completed.
Insurance information must be provided at the time of registration renewal. We do not need to view the insurance card, but need policy number and full expiration date (mm/dd/yyyy). (Per M.S. 169.798, subd. 4)
Please contact Richfield Motor Vehicle Licensing for any questions at 612-861-9730.
Hours for Pick Up
Pick up of the completed transactions will be from the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To pick up a transaction you can:
- Use the phone in the vestibule and we will bring the completed transaction out to you.