Election Judge Information
Please fill out the application and either email, mail, fax, or deliver the application to the City Clerk's Office. Make sure to save the pdf before emailing or else the data will not be included in the document! If you prefer to not disclose your Social Security number in writing, you may call the City Clerk to provide it for election judge payment.
Per State Law you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- Eligible to vote in Minnesota
- At least 18 years old (unless you are applying to be a Student Trainee Election Judge - if so, please contact our office for more information)
- Able to read, write and speak English
The polls are open on Election Day from 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Election Judges are able to be scheduled to work a full or partial day. Hours are available from 5:45 a.m. to approximately 10:00 p.m.
If chosen to serve, you will receive an email regarding an appointment to serve as an election judge and information concerning election judge training sessions approximately 30 days prior to that particular election. We like to give our residents the opportunity to serve their community.
ELECTION JUDGE PAY RATE
City of Richfield - Election Judge Pay Rate
- Head Judge - $13.50/hour
- Assistant Head Judge - $12.50/hour
- Election Judge - $11.00/hour
- Student Election Judge - $10.00/hour
- Training - $25 (approximately 2 hours) Every Election Judge is required to complete at least 2 hours of training every 2 years.
If you have any questions please contact Kari Sinning, City Clerk, at 612-861-9739.