To ensure and maintain a quality of life that protects the health and safety of residents, visitors and businesses through planning and zoning, permits and inspections, and housing and redevelopment.
Administer land use regulations and policies through the review of land use applications and enforcement of the Zoning Code.
Long range planning and preparation of the City's Comprehensive Plan.
Recommend changes to land use regulations when appropriate.
Serves as liaison to the Planning Commission.
Issues all construction related permits, including building, HVAC, electrical and plumbing and performs all associated inspections.
Administers the rental licensing program.
Assists with Section 8 housing inspections.
Administers Richfield's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) allocation, including First Time Home Buyer program, Rehabilitation Loans, etc.
Administers the Section 8 Rental Assistance program.
- Serves as liaison to the Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA)
- Want to know more about what the HRA does? Click on this link to view a PowerPoint of the HRA's activities: HRA/EDA Year in Review
Richfield is an acknowledged leader in redevelopment. Projects such as Best Buy Headquarters, Kensington Park, The Chamberlain, and Cedar Point Commons have created new employment and housing opportunities that strengthen and stabilize the city's tax base. Richfield's central location and easy access to regional amenities and multimodal transportation make future redevelopment opportunities possible. Staff is available to assist with:
- Building expansion and new construction projects
- Assisting with search of available commercial sites for new or expanding businesses
- Identifying available state, county and city financial assistance programs
Community Development Department
Richfield Municipal Center | 6700 Portland Avenue | Richfield MN 55423
P 612-861-9760 | F 612-861-8974 | email@example.com
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(closed on Federal and State holidays)