If you are facing foreclosure, call a foreclosure counselor IMMEDIATELY! Even one day can make a difference in saving your home.
Foreclosure prevention counseling and homeless counseling services are available free of charge through HUD's Housing Counseling Program. Housing Counseling agencies participating in HUD's Housing Counseling Program are not permitted to charge consumers for these specific housing counseling services and counseling recipients should not pay for these services. However, housing counseling agencies are permitted to charge reasonable and customary fees for other forms of housing counseling and education services, such as pre-purchase, reverse mortgage, rental, and non-delinquency post-purchase counseling services. You can also call 888-995-4673 for free round-the-clock advice from HUD housing experts.
Contact one of the HUD approved foreclosure counselors nearby:
- LSS Financial Counseling, 888.577.2227, several Twin Cities locations
- Habitat for Humanity 612-305-7147, 1954 University Avenue W, St. Paul, MN 55104
- PRG (612) 721-7556, 2017 East 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- NeighborWorks Home Partners 651-292-8710, offices in Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Neighborhood Development Alliance (NeDA), 651-292-0131, 481 Wabasha Street South, St. Paul, MN 55107
The Minnesota Homeownership Center also offers free prevention services statewide. Services offered include access to Foreclosure Counselors, FAQ's, Tip Sheets and information about Foreclosure Postponement. Contact the Minnesota Homeownership Center at: (651) 659-9336, or toll-free at: 1-800-462-6466.
Affected by COVID-19?
- The Federal Housing Finance Agency is offering resources for those impacted.
- Several banks are offering relief for customers affected by COVID-19
How Foreclosure Works in Minnesota
(Click to enlarge)