Sustainable Business Development Resources
MN Waste Wise
Individualized services include project funding assistance, sustainability consulting, site visits, waste sorts, utility bill analysis, energy benchmarking, investment analysis, employee training, toner and inkjet printer cartridge recycling assistance, presentations and events.
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP)
- “no-cost technical assistance helps businesses develop and implement industry-tailored solutions that prevent pollution at the source, maximize efficient use of resources, and reduce energy use and costs to improve public health and the environment.”
- Focus areas: Air, Energy, Waste, Water and industry-specific pages
- Resource page: includes Business Assistance Providers, Financial Assistance, 12 tips to “green” your business
Minnesota Retiree Environmental Technical Assistance Program (RETAP)
“No-cost, non-regulatory energy efficiency and waste reduction assessments include an on-site visit to your facility with emphasis on finding opportunities to increase energy efficiency and water conservation, reduce waste, and reduce operating costs.”
Center for Energy and Environment (CEE)
- One-Stop Efficiency Shop is a full-service rebate program available to small businesses in Xcel Energy's Minnesota service territory with a monthly electric demand of 400 kilowatts or less.
- Energy Savings for Non-Profits offers zero interest financing for cost effective, energy efficiency retrofits in non-residential buildings owned or occupied by nonprofit organizations.
- Energy Intelligence for Industry provides small- to medium-sized industrial customers with real-time energy feedback and alerts to help manage energy use while the product is made. Expert analysis and recommendations are provided on immediate ways to eliminate energy waste.
- Commercial Energy Efficiency Loan Program provides financing to businesses making cost-effective energy efficiency improvements
- Engineering for Energy Efficiency helps building owners and managers better understand and optimize their energy use to improve the operation of equipment and systems, reduce energy waste and manage long-term sustainability planning.
- Rental Energy Loan Program offers low-interest loans for Minnesota property owners to make energy improvements to their rental properties.
MN Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Green Business Improvements Checklist
- Environmental Grants and Loans
- Small Business Environmental Assistance
MN Chamber of Commerce
An Energy Star partner that “helps businesses find ways to save energy and connect to financial incentives. The program is funded through state-approved utility conservation programs. All services are at no cost.”
Hennepin County Business Recycling
County requirements, grants, free labels and signage, staff assistance, general tips
St. Paul Port Authority
- “Energy-saving measures pursued by owners receive project financing and are repaid as a separate item on their property tax assessment for a set period. PACE eliminates the burden of upfront costs by providing low-cost, long-term financing.”
- Customer chooses the project and contractor, Xcel Energy provides the rebate, and the Saint Paul Port Authority provides the financing (up to 100% financing).
Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) – A statewide partnership connecting organizations to clean energy financing tools and incentives and energy efficiency implementation.