Accessible Housing Resources
- Need help designing a major remodel that will fit your accessibility needs? Richfield's Architectural Consultation Program can help. Have questions about more basic accessibility upgrades for your home? Set up a visit with the Remodeling Advisor.
- Senior Community Services H.O.M.E. Program can help with some minor accessibility repairs that help seniors stay independent in their homes.
- A Brush With Kindness is a program that provides affordable repairs and accessibility improvements to those that meet their eligibility requirements.
- How to pay for it:
- The Deferred Loan is a 0% interest, no payment loan that can help low and moderate income homeowners who meet the eligibility criteria.
- The Fix Up Loan is a low interest loan up to $50,000
- Some major accessibility remodels may be eligible for the Transformation Home Loan Program.
- Hennepin County has partnered with Tree Trust to offer a grant program for those looking to build accessibility ramps who meet their eligibility requirements.
Resources for Renters
HousingLink has information for renters about reasonable accommodations and ways to make rental units more accessible.