Kids @ Home
The Kids @ Home application was available for download from 10:00 a.m. Tuesday February 4, 2020 through 4:00 p.m. Friday February 14, 2020.
Complete the application, and return it by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2020. You must also submit:
- Completed application
- Current lease
- 6-8 weeks of paystubs
LOTTERY: If there are more qualified candidates than openings available Richfield HRA will conduct a random lottery drawing.
Letters/E-mails for the qualified candidates who have been pulled for the lottery will be sent out no later than March 6, 2020. Applications not drawn in the lottery will be shredded. Rent assistance for qualified candidates who have successfully completed the application process will begin June 1, 2020.
EN ESPANOL: Kids @ Home Guidelines in Spanish
Criteria for families
- Must currently be housed in unsubsidized rental housing in Richfield (no shared housing)
- Have a child or children in Richfield schools (K – 12)
- Child or children need to be enrolled and attend a Richfield school
- One parent (or adult in family) is employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week (pay checks stubs for 2 months of work needed to provided verification of this income)
- Not receiving any other housing assistance
- Annual income must fall at or below income guideline
- Rental payments must be current or no more than one month’s total rent owed to landlord
- Families must be willing to attend 10 Parent Share meetings a year (Parent Share meetings are held Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Hope Presbyterian Church in Richfield. Families must attend 5 of the Parent Share meetings by June 30th of each year and the remaining 5 must be completed by December 15th of each year)
Maximum Income Limits (effective 04/24/2019)
|60% of Area Median Income|
|Persons||Income Limit||Persons||Income Limit|
Priority Income limits (effective 04/24/2019)
|50 percent of area median income|
|Persons||Income limit||Persons||Income limit|
Occupancy standards – Family size determines the occupancy size (bedroom size for your family) and the bedroom size determines your rent assistance.
You may live in a unit that is larger than the occupancy size determined by Richfield HRA, rent assistance, in that case, will be determined by actual family size.
If your family lives in a unit smaller than the occupancy standard the assistance determined by Richfield HRA is the bedroom size of the unit.
|Number of persons||Bedroom size|
|2 - 4||2|
|8 - 10||4/5|
Rent Assistance (effective 9/1/2019)
Families receive rent assistance based on the following flat payment. Each year rent assistance decreases, families responsibility will increase.
|Bedroom size||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|