Kids @ Home
The Kids @ Home application window is now closed.
Complete the application, and return it by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, September 27, 2021. Applications are NOT accepted by fax or email. You must also submit:
- Completed application
- Current lease
- 6-8 weeks of paystubs
LOTTERY: If there are more qualified candidates than openings available Richfield HRA will conduct a random lottery drawing.
Letters/E-mails for the qualified candidates who have been pulled for the lottery will be sent out no later than October 15, 2021. Applications not drawn in the lottery will be shredded. Rent assistance for qualified candidates who have successfully completed the application process will begin January 1, 2022.
EN ESPANOL: Kids @ Home Guidelines in Spanish
Criteria for families
- Must currently be housed in unsubsidized rental housing in Richfield (no shared housing)
- Have a child or children in Richfield schools (K – 12)
- Child or children need to be enrolled and attend a Richfield school
- One parent (or adult in family) is employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week (pay checks stubs for 2 months of work needed to provided verification of this income)
- Not receiving any other housing assistance
- Annual income must fall at or below income guideline
- Rental payments must be current or no more than one month’s total rent owed to landlord
- Families must attend 10 Parent Share meetings a year (Parent Share meetings are held Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Richfield Municipal Center located at 6700 Portland in Richfield. Families will be assigned to Group A or Group B (Group A meets the 2nd Thursday every month and Group B meets the third Thursday of each month).
Maximum Income Limits (effective 04/24/2019)
|60% of Area Median Income|
Priority Income limits (effective 04/24/2019)
|50 percent of area median income|
Occupancy standards – Family size determines the occupancy size (bedroom size for your family) and the bedroom size determines your rent assistance.
You may live in a unit that is larger than the occupancy size determined by Richfield HRA, rent assistance, in that case, will be determined by actual family size.
If your family lives in a unit smaller than the occupancy standard, the assistance determined by Richfield HRA is the bedroom size of the unit.
|Number of persons||Bedroom size|
|2 - 4||2|
|8 - 10||4/5|
Rent Assistance (effective 9/1/2021)
Families receive rent assistance based on the following flat payment. Each year rent assistance decreases, families responsibility will increase.
|Bedroom size||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|