Become a Richfield Firefighter
We are creating an eligibility list for new firefighters!
Thank you for your interest! Our current application period closed November 15, 2021.
Are you dedicated and passionate about making a positive impact in the community and the lives of others? Are you passionate about fighting fires, providing excellent medical care, and responding to any type of emergency?
The Richfield Fire Department is an 82 year old, well-established all career department that is progressive and adaptable. The department is focused on training and development of their staff and fosters an inclusive team that prides itself on service. Everyone's contributions are valuable, and as a Richfield Firefighter, you are never just a number.
This is a full-time Firefighter job opportunity working 24 hour shifts. We are looking for dedicated public servants with a desire to provide life saving care in our community. The ideal candidate is professional, motivated and seeking new challenges and opportunities in a thriving community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have Firefighter I and Firefighter II state certification or equivalent.
- Must have Hazardous Materials Operations certification or equivalent.
- Must have a current and valid Emergency Medical Technician certification from Minnesota EMSRB or National Registry of EMT’s.
- Must have valid Minnesota Class D driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must comply with response time residency within one year of appointment.
- Must have, or be able to obtain a Minnesota Firefighter License prior to completion of probationary period.
- Associate degree or Bachelors degree.
- NREMT Paramedic Certification.
- Prior experience as a Firefighter.
- Knowledge of Fire and Building Codes.
- Fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Vietnamese or other non-English language(s) prevalent in the City of Richfield.