Calling all amateur and hobby photographers....send us your best photos for the
Richfield Photography Contest
Entry Deadline is May 1. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Richfield photographers, send us your snapshots! Entries are now being accepted for the Richfield Photography Contest, presented by Richfield Recreation and the Richfield Arts Commission. Submit your pictures for consideration in six categories: Parks, People at Play, Animals & Wildlife, Architectural Structures, Man-Made Designs, and an open category for youth photographers (18 and under). Photos must be taken in Richfield; top photos in each category will win a gift certificate to a local business. Some winning photos may be used to wrap utility boxes in Richfield (past entrants’ photos can already be seen on several boxes around town).
Enter by emailing your photo to email@example.com; include your name and contact information, as well as the categories you’re entering. The deadline to submit photos is Monday, May 1 (by the end of the day). Winners will be notified in May and a slide show of photos will be compiled in a slide show to be shared on the City’s social media platforms and website. Complete rules will be posted at www.richfieldmn.gov/photocontest. Get out there and start snapping!
RICHFIELD PARKS Photos that best express the beauty and serenity of Richfield parks
ANIMALS & WILDLIFE Wild animals, birds or pets in Richfield
PEOPLE AT PLAY Moods and expressions of people in Richfield
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN Encompasses views of the engineering and sculptural structures in Richfield
YOUTH-OPEN Any photo from youth photographers, ages 18 or younger
- All photographs must be taken within Richfield City limits.
- Entrants do not need to be a resident of Richfield. Professional photographers (individuals earning more than half of their income from photography) are not eligible. City employees, City Council members, contest sponsors, and their families or significant others may enter but are not eligible to win.
- Copyrighted photos not accepted.
- Entries may originate and be submitted in any electronic format or resolution, but upon request, a digital copy with a minimum resolution of six megapixels must be made available. All entries will be judged based on a 5”x7” size format.
- Maximum of three entries per person. Participants may only win one category. Submit only photographs you have taken.
- No personal identification or photo titles are allowed.
- If your photo features children ages 18 and under, you must provide written authorization from the minor’s parent or guardian.
- All submitted photographs become the property of the City of Richfield. By virtue of their entry, contestants irrevocably agree that the City may adapt, edit, and/or modify their photographs in any way as well as have all rights to publish, and use in any manner, on any City publications, print or electronic, and in any other media including and without limitation the internet without your prior approval or inspection and also without compensation, right to royalties, or any other compensation.
- Entrant photos may be used as decorative wrapping on utility boxes around Richfield (several past entrants' photos can already be seen around town!)