CERT Team Member login: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/?FROM=26451
The next CERT Basic Training Class is scheduled for the weekend of November 12th, 13th and 14th, 2021 at the Richfield Community Center, download your application using the link below.
Download your CERT Training Application at the bottom of this page and save your spot on the roster!
Download CERT Team Member help documents at the bottom of this page also.
The Richfield Department of Public Safety offers Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training to Richfield residents, those who work in Richfield, and those who live in surrounding communities.
The Community Emergency Response Team Program educates residents about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact the area and trains community volunteers in basic disaster skills, such as: emergency preparedness, fire suppression, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood, workplace or school following an event when professional responders need assistance or are not immediately available to help. CERT members are also encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.. CERT philosophy is based on the axiom, “Help yourself, help your family, help your neighbors, and help your community.”
- CERT graduates will be advised of supplemental training and exercises as they become available. Bi-monthly meetings for CERT Team members are a forum for ongoing training and networking.
- CERT members are trained to function as teams of at least two for safety reasons. Neighborhood Groups should have two volunteers participate in CERT training if possible!
- CERT members will learn necessary physical skills during training but this does not mean seniors or individuals with disabilities should not participate! There is a role for everyone in CERT.
Program graduates will receive CERT equipment upon graduation from the program. If you are interested in being trained as a CERT volunteer please download, complete and return the CERT Application. To return your application via email or if you have any questions, please contact us at: elammle@RichfieldMN.gov.
When CERT Basic Training Courses (21 hours) are scheduled a link to the training announcement will be posted here on this page. We routinely partner with the cities of Bloomington and Eden Prairie to share facilities and instructors. You can download the Richfield CERT Training Application via the link below, fill it out fully and return it to the indicated address or via e-mail to the address noted above.
Please stop back for updates. We look forward to training and working with you!
- Download: CERT Application [DOC]
- Download: CERT Team Volgistics Text Help
- Download: CERT Volgistics Mobile Help
For more info on preparedness visit :