Be prepared in the event of a widespread emergency. You should be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours!
Check out these tip sheets:
- Richfield, Are You Prepared?
- 9 Essential Items for Emergencies
- 9 Essential Items for Emergencies (Spanish)
Disaster threats to Richfield include severe weather, plane accidents, and hazardous materials release. Local, State, and Federal government are available to assist when such disasters occur. Here's some resources for residents in the event a disaster strikes the area.
- Disaster Preparedness Guide for Seniors and Caregivers
- Ready.gov Preparedness Information
- Family and Personal Preparedness
- Business Preparedness
- Minnesota Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)