Environmental Health staff maintain a case management system for recording code violations on public and private properties in Richfield. Other essential duties relating to Environmental Health include:
- Public education of City ordinances.
- Resolving City Code violations through enforcement.
- Communication with residents regarding compliance.
- Interpretation of City Code and recommendations for updating City ordinances.
- Working with the Prosecuting City Attorney to bring forth formal complaints for non-compliance with City code.
- Manage and oversee alcohol and tobacco compliance case management system.
- Maintaining a health referral system.
To view a list of the most common City code violations, go to "Most Requested Codes" tab under Public Safety, Support Services.
Additionally, Richfield partners with the City of Bloomington's Environmental Health division to provide inspections of the city's food establishments, swimming pools and lodging facilities on an annual basis and when complaints are received.