Home Energy Squad
Free virtual visits now available!
The Home Energy Squad Program provides a home energy visit, along with the installation of energy-efficiency products, to Richfield homeowners. The visit takes about 2 hours; scheduling is available throughout the week, evenings and weekends. At the end of the visit, the homeowner is provided with a Home Energy Report (view sample report here). This report allows the homeowners to best prioritize their efficiency upgrades, provides guidance in proceeding with work, and gives information about financing and rebates. Installation may include the following products:
- Smart/programmable thermostat
- Weather stripping
- LED light bulbs
- High-efficiency showerhead
- Kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators
- Water heater temperature assessment and adjustment
- Water heater insulation
- Refrigerator thermometer
- New! To help Minnesotans save energy and stay safe at home, Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy are offering FREE virtual Home Energy Squad visits. Schedule your visit today!
- Promotion: Pay $50 for an in-person visit and installation (regularly $70 or $100), and the City will pay the remainder of the cost! Details here.
- Free in-person visits are available to income-qualified residents. Details here.
- Regular in-person visit information and sign-up here.
Visit the Home Energy Squad website or call 651-328-6220 to schedule your visit!
This program is sponsored by the City of Richfield, Center for Energy and the Environment, Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy.