Organics Drop-Off Program
*Video Note: There are currently no locks on the dumpsters.*
Through a grant funded by Hennepin County, Richfield has launched a program offering free organics recycling to residents. Residents can recycle their household organic waste at two drop-off sites in the city. This program is available through the collaborative efforts of the Recreation Services Department, city council, and the city's volunteer citizen organics recycling task force.
Other Information and Resources
- What organics can I recycle?
- Organics Basics
- Hennepin County Organics Page
- Additionally, the county sells backyard compost bins for residential use. Learn more and order here.
- That's Rich(field) Podcast: In episode 2, Neil Ruhland and Rachel Lindholm talk about the organics drop-off program and its progress
- Check out this at-home set-up presentation for information and ideas on how to make your organics set-up the most efficient.