The City's goal is to create a diversified, expanding and dynamic economy through the development of new businesses, the enhancement of existing businesses by providing the proper tools and resources in order for them to grow and prosper, and the attraction of new business and industry to our community. The primary goal is to retain existing business, recruit new businesses, increase employment and foster economic growth in Richfield.
Staff will work to help companies make the most of growth opportunities. Staff can assist with business location services, as well as provide services to existing Richfield business and new business start-ups. The services include:
- Identifying finance alternatives
- Assist in identifying available commercial locations
- Coordinate various city approvals
- Organize meetings with appropriate public and private sector representatives
- Serve as a reliable, responsive information resource.
For more information contact the Community Development Department
HENNEPIN COUNTY SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
Richfield is proud to partner with Hennepin County’s Elevate HennepinSM initiative to bring expert advising and other business resources to Richfield businesses at no cost. Elevate HennepinSM is designed to support businesses of all sizes in their efforts to grow, create jobs, and evolve.
Through this program, businesses located in or operating in Hennepin County can access no-cost advising, find business events, and identify local, state, and federal business-support resources.
Businesses can get up to 25 hours of insight, technical assistance, or consulting from each advisor. The more than 20 advisors have expertise in a variety of business topics, including:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Human Resources
- Loan and grant consulting
- Social media
- Strategic planning
- Web development
Folletos de programas en espanol
- Energy Efficient Business Grants
- Richfield Chamber of Commerce
- Positively Minnesota (Dept. of Employment and Economic Development)
- Small Business Administration (MN District Office)
- IRS (Small Business & Self-Employment Tax Center)
- SCORE - Non-profit support for small business
- Can sign up for a free mentor
- Templates & Tools (i.e. business plan)
- Webinars (free & minimal fee sessions)
NEW! Available Commercial Space
NEW! Xcel Energy Solutions for your Business
Are you looking for a spring or summer STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) intern? Check out SciTechsperience which is providing a 50% cash match on intern's wages.