Motor Vehicle and Passports
6700 Portland Avenue, Richfield, MN 55423
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
As of June 1, we are open for in-person Motor Vehicle, Driver's License/ID, and DNR transactions!
Passports will continue to be processed by appointment only.
Passports - Appointment Only
Currently, we cannot make any new appointments as we are scheduled out for the next two weeks. Please contact us on Monday, June 14. To find another office, visit the US Department of State's website.
Passport appointments are needed for new passport applicants and those who need to renew a 5-year passport or their passport was issued more than 15 years ago. If you are renewing a 10-year passport, you will mail the application to the US Department of State. Please visit their website for more information on renewing your passport.
When your appointment has been scheduled please bring:
- Passport form DS-11 filled out completely with black ink for all applicants
- Proof of Citizenship (If Birth Certificate or Naturalization, the original and a photocopy, we can make a photocopy for $0.25)
- Driver's License (along with a front and back photocopy, we can make a photocopy for $0.25)
- Personal Check or Money Order for the amount for the Passport Book and/or Passport Card
For any other questions or emergency passports, visit the National Passport Information Center, U.S. Department of State or call 1-877-487-2778. To make an appointment at the Minneapolis Passport Agency (only if you have travel plans within 4 weeks), visit their Online Passport Appointment System.
Limited Driver's License/ID Services
We do not offer knowledge or skills exams, photos, or reinstatement payments.
We offer appointments for limited driver's license/ID services including:
- Standard Driver's License or ID Renewals (if there are no changes or upgrades, no Real or Enhanced)
- Replacements (lost or stolen)
- Change of Address (For Replacements Only)
We do ask applicants to fill out the pre-application that is available on the DVS website prior to their appointment time.
**NOTE** If you are a new Minnesota resident, a first time applicant, need to change an address while renewing, or want to upgrade to a Real ID or Enhanced ID, please visit the DVS website to find another location.
Below is a list of services that we can provide:
- Vehicle Registration Renewals
- DNR Watercraft, OHV, or Snowmobile Registration Renewals and Transfers
- Minnesota Title Transactions (If it is an out of state vehicle, a PS2000 - Application to Title/Reg will be needed)
- Duplicate Title or Registration Card (Duplicate Title/Reg Card Application) - $20.50 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received; Duplicate Titles will be mailed to the customer)
- Duplicate Standard Plates (Duplicate Plates Application) - $19.00 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received plates)
- Duplicate Stickers (Duplicate Stickers Application) - $12.50 (If applying for a lost, stolen, or not received stickers)
For other DVS/Deputy Registrar offices and more information, please visit the State of Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services website.