The primary goal of the Forestry Division is to preserve, manage, and maintain the health of Richfield's Urban Forest. Our success in this endeavor will help provide for a better quality of life for Richfield's present and future generations. These pages will provide information about urban forest health, tree care issues, and other seasonal tree related topics.
We love our trees!
BOULEVARD TREE REQUESTS
If you are interested in a new boulevard tree please contact Richfield Public Works at 612-861-9190.
Click here to see the 2021 boulevard tree replacement varieties.
CITY FORESTRY SERVICES AND INFORMATION
- Free advice and inspection of boulevard trees
- Removal of hazardous trees on public property
- Control of diseases such as Dutch Elm, Oak Wilt, and Emerald ash borer
- Routine maintenance of trees on public property
- Replacing boulevard trees after removal
- Oak Wilt Information & My Minnesota Woods Oak Wilt Info
- Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) Information
- Dutch Elm Disease (DED) Information
- Current Hardwood (Ash) Firewood Quarantine Area Map
FREE WOOD CHIPS
When available, typically in the warmer months, free wood chips are located at Adams Hill Park:
Adams Hill Park
7200 Washburn Ave S
DISPOSAL OF TREE DEBRIS/YARD WASTE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY
There are no locations in Richfield for the disposal of tree debris or yard waste. Click here to visit Hennepin County's website for locations to disposal of tree debris/yard waste from private property.
Richfield Public Works
1901 E. 66th St.
Richfield, MN 55423
PROFESSIONAL FORESTRY ORGANIZATIONS